Whoa, it's been a while since I've blogged! WOW! I took a much needed break and I am now back in the groove of things. My last session of 2016 was mid-December and I am so excited to start shooting again. I've got a few sessions lined up for late January and early February so in no time at all, I'll be back to shooting, blogging and sharing!
I usually post a New Years blog with my goals so I wanted to continue with that tradition (just a few days late ha!) I'm taking a six-month course with the super fun Kat Schmoyer and every year she posts her business and personal goals to go along with the year, so this year she posted 17. I was so inspired by this that I wanted to share 17 goals with you. Goal sharing can sometimes be scary but I think if you just lay it all out there, you are much more accountable for it and hopefully can successfully achieve them all.
1. Finish up my NEW website/blog by March 2017 (Still working on all the fun content)
2. Set up a new client workflow (anyone really good with Asana?)
3. Be INTENTIONAL about all my business decisions (My word of the year is Intention)
4. No checking business email from the hours of 9 p.m. & 7 a.m.
5. Focus on spending more time educating my clients on Documentary Photography
6. Shoot at least 5 Full Day in The Life Sessions (12-14 hours!)
7. Be part of a really fun community of woman entrepreneurs (I can check this one off now that I am part of the Tuesday's Together by RTS!)
8. Send out bi-monthly newsletters to all my amazing followers.
9. Start creating videos to go along with my sessions.
10. Read a least 10 business books to help further my education on being a business owner #bookworm
1. Be more active! Biking, hiking, kayaking, rock climbing, ice skating....any fun activity including movement.
2. Take creative classes; pottery, hand lettering, painting! I love being creative in a classroom setting.
3. Read at least 20 novels or non-business related books #ilovetoread
4. Spend more time in the garden with Matt - it's his true passion so I want to be a part of it.
5. Spend less time watching TV - more time watching educational programs/documentaries (when we do have the TV on)
6. Send handwritten notes/cards to friends & family. Who doesn't love snail mail?
7. Cook at home at least 6 nights a week - time to get some new cookbooks! Plus, Matt and I really love creating goodness in the kitchen!
I hope you've also set some goals for 2017. If you have, I'd love for you to share them with me. Leave a comment and let's chat!
Now it's time to me to get working on some of those goals! Enjoy your day and again, Have a Happy, Safe, Healthy Year!